WINE TRIP COURSES AND TASTINGS
These courses are aimed at the most demanding and curious of wine and food tourists. Abandon yourself to the sensations of Verona’s food and wine and get a feel for the local lifestyle. At the same time, refine your own tastes in full immersion courses to master the techniques of wine tasting.
We offer a number of different experiences: a foundation course of approximately 2 ½ hours aimed at those with very limited time available or a course of 3 ½ - 4 hours.
The tasting will include 4-6 wines with pairings of local specialties or pasta/risotto.
The object of the lessons is to heighten the senses so as to be able to perceive more acutely the tastes and fragrances of wines.
We do this through practical tasting sessions, a learning experience designed to be as enjoyable as it is instructive, built around the needs of:
1) Veneto wine trade professionals and wine lovers
2) World wine trade professionals dealing with the Italian wine market
3) Tourists who are traveling to Verona on vacation
4) Incentive trips for corporate clients
1. PEOPLE IN THE VENETO WHO WORK WITH WINE (at wineries, restaurants, in tourism) who need to communicate effectively in English with their clients. It includes terms used in viticulture, winemaking, tasting and business. Nowadays, any wine trade professional must be able to speak English in order to sell his/her products. It is also designed as a language aid for Italians and English-speakers who work with Italian wines, as well as Italian amateur wine lovers and wine club members who travel to other countries to taste wine and buy wine for their collections.
2. INTERNATIONAL WINE TRADE PROFESSIONALS : Our courses enable non-Italian wine trade professionals to extend their wine knowledge and appreciation of Italian wines through first-hand contact with winemakers, accompanied by our Italian-speaking professional guides. Wine Trip helps members of the trade hone their abilities and enhance their buying opportunities through dealing directly with Italian producers. This reinforces their selling ability once they return home. WHAT THE MARKET IS ASKING FOR: the continued growth on a global scale of the markets for wine and eno-gastronomic tourism has led to consumer demanding a wider choice of high quality products. He or she is willing to acquire the “know-how” to be able to evaluate them, together with background knowledge about their places of origin and their methods of production. This is especially true of the world-class wines that come from Italy.
3. WINE TOURISTS: Our courses are aimed at the most demanding and curious of wine and food tourists who wish to heighten their senses and to sharpen their perceptions of the flavors and fragrances of wines through practical tasting sessions: a learning experience designed to be enjoyable as well as instructive. We believe that a country’s wine and food is a key to understanding its culture and a keener knowledge of an area’s local products helps the wine tourist to see the destination in a new light.
4. CORPORATE CLIENTS, as an INCENTIVE activity and for TEAM BUILDING: We offer short courses and tasting sessions, which put participants in touch with their basic sense impressions, freely expressed in descriptions and as opinions in innovative communication exercises. These are aimed at reinforcing interpersonal relationships and positively influencing group dynamics.